Last June 29 I gave a talk about SASS at Amurrio Mega Meetup. It was amazing being talking between those other experts and lots of friends.
If you are interested, you could follow the presentation at wordpress.tv:
And if you are interested, you could find the other talks here too.
Last April 27 I gave a talk about theme development with Root’s Sage 9 excellent starter theme in the Bilbao’s 2019 WordCamp.
The talk is in Spanish, my native tongue, but if you are interested here you are a rough translation of the presentation’s slides to English. And here, the presentation in Spanish.
Sage’s best features are:
- Optimized structure and files organization.
- Uses Composer to manage PHP packages.
- Uses npm/yarn for front-end package management.
- Enhances ES6 usage.
- Writes style sheets with SASS easily.
- Compiles and optimizes resources (CSS, images, fonts, etc.).
- Uses the template engine Blade: Template inheritance.
- Concerns separation: MVC pattern.
- Controllers and Traits that follow WordPress template hierarchy.
If you are looking for a Sage expert you can contract me at Codeable.